9.28.2010

Recent Thrifty Finds

State Plates
One thing I've always loved seeing in interiors is a plate wall. So when I saw these plates (I snagged 4) I grabbed them! It crossed my mind that it could be a bit kitchy to do a plate wall with state plates but then it also crossed my mind that I don't really care....
Advice of the day: Don't design for others, design for yourself.



Moose Book End
Yep, I found this little guy in the holiday section. If you're into graphic animal silhouettes the holiday section is worth a peak! Just don't pick up anything mechanical (Santa that moves his bag of toys when plugged in) or that needs to be blown up (life size set of reindeer for the front lawn). I realize I just said "Design for yourself and not for others" but this does not apply to holiday decor. 95% of holiday decor is atrocious so use caution. This is non-negotiable!



Candy Dish
This is not even a color in my current apartment but it's so shiny & bright that I had to buy it. I'm weak.



Milk Glass
Yay! White decorative object!! I'm currently using this to hold my colored pencils & markers.



Salad Bowls
What up new cat food/water bowls? The majority of affordable pet bowls have either little fish bones or the words "Meow" or "Princess" on them. None of that works for me.  In fact, it makes me angry. My she-devil of a cat is also notorious for tipping over her food & water bowls. She has yet to tip these over. So there you go, stylish and functional!



Seagull Plate
No idea.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity