9.24.2010

Friday Love Fest/Rant On Motha Nature

I'm in desperate need for fall weather. It's September 24th and yesterday in the Chicagoland area it was 90 degrees. Seriously Mother Nature? What the heck are you trying to pull with those of us who live and breathe for fall weather? In retaliation I wore jeans and a cardigan yesterday. Yes, I was deathly hot but I believe I made my point, thank you very much.
Speaking of fall, I want to learn how to knit soooooo badly. I just have these happy little dreams of sitting by a fireplace knitting a kick-ass scarf. I suppose I could take a class but I'm thinking I may kick start it off with a little trip to the library this weekend to hunt down some knitting for dummies books. Do they even exist?



Imagine this with a simple white tee and a cute tweed blazer.



                           Handmade Hand Knit Hat - The Original Beehive Beret Hat in Linen - READY TO SHIP
I have shorter hair and bangs (just like this little lady) but when I wear winter hats I look like an awkward Swedish boy. Not a good look. How come she looks cute? 



                          The Cambridge Chain in Gold
Whoa.....Love at first site when I saw this.



                          Coffee Mug Cozy, Tea Cup Sleeve, Knitted Cabled, Eco-Friendly Vegan, Pale Pink Rose Raspberry Marshmallow
Ahhhhh! This would be perfect to use while I'm sitting in front of the aforementioned fireplace knitting my crafty crafts.



Monster Shark  - for your  Soda Can- This monster made it to the front page of Etsy
And, if that sitting in front of that fireplace with a coffee cup and cozy didn't cut it, I could always swap it out for a can of beer and a knitted beer cozy....


                          bow-tie Scarflette
So incredibly work appropriate.


                         Hand Knitted Donegal Tweed Fingerless Gloves in Pumpkin Orange
These are my winter go-to. I prefer the kind that has the option to make them mittens but if someone threw these snazzy orange gloves my way I wouldn't say no.


                        PDF Knitting Pattern Wide Awake / Sleepy Owls
A super cute stocking stuffer or a little gift to give friends or family. Adorable.



Happy Friday folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity