10.11.2010

Welcome to Adulthood

I always wondered if I would know the exact minute I became an "adult." Well folks, it happened. I went paint swatch browsing yesterday and instead of looking at bright yellows and kelly greens I was on the hunt for greige.

 I came to the realization that the reason why I've been so ehhhh when it comes to my apartment is because there is too much color on the walls and it is making everything too matchy matchy for my liking. I never thought the phrase "there is too much color on the walls" would ever be something I would vocalize. The horror. 

Lately I've been drawn to spaces where there is tons of color but the walls are a muted backdrop to support all the color. The rooms are still vibrant and colorful but have a more adult look to them. (There's that dang adult word again...) So I decided I too need a clean wall slate and am now looking at anything similar to this color:


Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter
Believe it or not there are not a lot of true greiges out there. I used Revere Pewter as a starting point and about 90% of other the other colors I placed against it all had pinky or yellow undertones.





I'm still debating on whether or not to keep the yellow stripe that goes throughout my apartment. I plan on getting the paint and starting the fun next weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity